SUSTAINABILITY AT FHA-FOOD & BEVERAGE
We are committed to FHA-Food & Beverage having a positive impact on people and planet. We want to play a key role in helping the world’s best food and beverage manufacturers work together to improve the sustainability of our global food system by connecting people with the networks and knowledge they need to help solve the big challenges of the future.
AS PART OF OUR COMMITMENT, WE ARE FOCUSING ON:
TO ACHIEVE THIS, WE ARE COMMITING TO:
Embed sustainability into our brand by 2025 to inspire our sector to be more sustainable, promoting the achievement of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
There are several content sessions on the seminar programme to drive more awareness and discussion on the sustainability of food systems. Related topics include:
- Aiming for zero carbon footprint in the F&B industry
- Zero Footprint Asia: Eating our way out of the climate crisis
- The role of standards in ESG and SDG claims in the F&B industry
- Building a thriving agrifood innovation system
- Regenerative agriculture for sustainable growth
- The Future of Asian Agrifood Systems: Scenarios and Strategies for Future-Readiness
Halve our waste, tackle our carbon footprint and save customers more carbon than we emit by 2025 as a stepping stone to being zero waste and net zero carbon by 2030 or earlier by:
- We aim to pilot the recycling of wood and save at least 100 tonnes of wood from landfill.
- Paper, aluminium and glass will be recycled. Used cooking oil will be collected and converted into bio-diesel fuel.
- Carpet used in the exhibition will be reused for other purposes. We are trialing eco-friendly carpet in Hall 5.
- Reduced use of plastics and lanyards by introducing E-badge
Contribute value to community groups and our host city, as well as champion diversity and inclusion. This year this includes features such as:
- Over 1,000 meals were donated to families in need last year. We hope to build on this through our collaboration with FoodBank Singapore.
- We’re providing facilities to make our event as accessible as possible including nursing rooms, wheelchair loans, prayer rooms and other support
- We’re helping the future generations of food professionals get excited about our industry by inviting local students to the event
FHA-Food & Beverage is now powered by renewable electricity, helping us in our journey to carbon neutral.
HELP IMPROVE THE SUSTAINABILITY OF FHA-FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Consider how you’ll get to the event and if you can avoid air travel or take lower carbon transport
- Recycle your waste onsite and in your hotel where possible
- Consider opting for vegetarian and vegan food options and avoid food waste
- Only take the give-aways or brochures you need and will use, consider if there are digital alternatives
- Consider the environmental credentials of the hotel when deciding where to stay
- Ensure your stand is designed so that its structure will be used again by either yourself or by your contractors
- For your travel and transport, choose the most sustainable option possible for your journey to and from the event. Consolidate your shipments and use logistic companies that have sustainability credentials
- When purchasing promotional items, consider the amount you order, the environmental credentials of the materials they are made from, as well as whether they are useful giveaways that will be used long after the event is over
- Help to support the sustainability of the local area by using local suppliers and considering the sustainability credentials of the hotels you book
- Inspire the sustainable development of your industry by promoting your company’s and your products’ sustainability credentials
- Select energy efficient, LED lighting and other equipment for your stand and be sure to power down your equipment at the end of the day
- Reduce paper handouts by going digital and source recycled, sustainably certified paper options where printing is needed. Eg, FSC or recycled paper
- Ensure you and your contractor are aware of and compliant with all health, safety and security requirements
- Think about what waste your stand will create and try to minimize it as much as possible. For the unavoidable waste items, try to ensure it will be recycled. Key items to consider include signage, carpeting, signal use of wood and packaging waste
- Get involved with the numerous initiatives and conversations throughout the event which aim to help facilitate and inspire the sustainable development of your industry
FHA-Food & Beverage is part of Informa Markets and the Informa Group. Sustainability at Informa focuses on the long term impacts we have on customers, colleagues, the communities we work in and the environment. For this reason, Informa developed the FasterForward approach to sustainable business.
Informa’s aim is to become an ever more sustainable, positive impact business. Through the FasterForward programme, we are embedding sustainability into everything we do and seizing opportunities from helping our customers and markets do the same.
FasterForward is a structured three-part programme with ambitious commitments and a wide range of activities, covering Informa’s business operations, our brands and products and our broader community impact. To find more about our approach, follow this link.
When it comes to sustainability, we’re moving FasterForward.
Informa plc is ranked #1 in the media sector globally in the prestigious Dow Jones Sustainability Indices 2022. Read more here: Informa achieves top global ranking in Media Sector in leading ESG Index
CONTACT US AND SHARE YOUR STORY
Would you like to work with us on the sustainability of our event? Would you like to share your own story and efforts? Got an idea?
Contact the event team or reach out to Informa’s sustainability team for more information: [email protected]